Friday, June 12, 2009

My Leave Part 1 -- Besut and Tok Bali

After the much traumatized working experience for the last two months,.. i was finally able to take some days off for a break,.... I didnt really had a good break the other time on February as I was very much busy and hussled by my sister wedding during that period.


The last time that I really had a leave and a break was on last november,.. in which I spend a few days in Fraser Hill and was testing my new car,.. Toyota Hilux,.. Wendy ,.. that of course is what I called her,...


So this time ,I was given leave from 4th to 12th June,... Cant really say,.. that I spend it in the most preferred manner,.. but still I do get some rest,...well,.. i guess that what leave is for I suppose,...


4th June

Spend the whole afternoon (with Wen Chee) servicing my car and searching for the Coleman ice box,.. I actually,.. did found the suitable size in Carrefour,.. the first place that I search for,... But it has only 1 in stock for the perfect size and looked a bit old for my liking,.. so we went to other nearby shopping complex to source for it,.. but only to find there are none that have the right size,...


What makes the matter worse is that my elder bro have some hair trimming celebration for her new born later that evening,... So i felt the some sense of urgency to get the ice casing and felt frustrating to find all the other shopping complex except the first one dont have the prefered size....


So eventually,.. i have to go back to Carrefour ,.. the place where I started looking to get the ice box,... and i have to rush to Gelang Patah,..


Well, speaking about the ceremony,.. it was long ,.. the living room in which the ceromony take place was so super stuffy that the temperature rises several degree inside there,... Luckily,... i was able to sneak out and retreat at the veranda most of the time,... with my dad and brothers,..


5th June

Nothing much,.. just packing and meeting up Karen Koh,.. for some discussion on some paper,... for VAM


And went to Barbara house to dump my parrot Hiroko Morimoto and my rabbit Playboy for care taking,.. she is my wonderful care taker for them any of my holiday,...


6th June

The long journey to Kota Bharu begins,.. we started at 6am,... sharp,... it was long and we used the Jabor to Jerangau Road,.. which is a short cut,... by passing major cities like Dungun, Kuantan and Kuala Terenganu,..


We made several stops,.. one was breakfast at Endau,.Pahang,... Lunch at the junction to Kuala Berang and stops at the Ajil Pheasant Farm,.. which in my opinion is crap,... Got some interesting pheasant,. .but the birds condition and the cages is horrendous,.. Soo many same species of pheasant being exhibit,.. but it does have good collection of green peacock though,...


All along the way,.. i was hoping to have a good rest at the Five Star Hotel in Kota Bharu,.. once we reach there,... But,.. when we were at Pasir Puteh, Kelantan,... My younger brothers ( Tano and Rustam),.. informed us that someone had cancelled our booking done 2 weeks ago secretly and leaving us with one room instead of three,...


So the hotel contact a resort in Tok Bali, Kelantan about 20 minute drive from pasir puteh,.. to have a villa room for us,... all six of us (me, dad, mom, my two younger bro and wen chee) cram into one room about 5 meter by 8 meter,.. with one huge toilet that seems to be stuck all the time!!!


We paid good money,.. with lousy villa and when we discovered that the air conditioner,..seem to turn off on its own every half an hour,.. the management did nothing to repair it,.. it is a totally ripe off!


It was a huge disappointed for me,.. to have such a lousy room,.. instead of the comfortable hotel room,...


The disappointing day,.. only gets worse at night,... from the GPS,.. we knew that there is Chinese Seafood Restaurant in Besut,.. from the name,.. it does sounded good,.. But the moment we reach there,.. it was horrendous old chinese kopitiam restaurant,.. And it was jammed packed as well,... man it was really heart breaking,.. so we settle in at the nearby malay Sea Food restaurant,.. that really serve late,.. we ordered too much as well,... and i have to force myself with the grilled fish that we order (that came 1 hour later)


7th June

Woke up and find that the villa served lousy breakfast,.. and pump diesal into my car and buy grocery at pasir puteh for my cameron highland retreat,...


Later in the afternoon,.. we went to Sarah (my cousin) new in law place for wedding,.. nothing much,.. except my sis was late as usual for the ceremony but made it on time,..


Later,.. after the wedding,.. we went to Sharin's folk place for dinner,.. the problem is that we are really full and again,.. have to force in food,. just out of respect for them,... However,.. it was ok over there except,.. we cant understand much on what they were talking most of the time,...


8th June

Again,.. lousy breakfast,.. later,.. I and Tano plus wen chee when separately to Sharin's place in Tano's Car whereas my dad with my mom and Rustam (my youngest Bro)went to Besut to shop for Keropok


Somehow,.. Rustam meddle up with the GPS and my dad had a problem getting to Sharin place,.. so we had to wait sometime before moving on to KL for my parents plus Rubee, Rustam, Tano and sharin ; and Cameron Highlands for me and Wen Chee. Only approaching noon that i started heading to Cameron Highlands


So our journey to Cameron Highlands begins!!!




No comments: