Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Good Friend Hanqun

I am dedicating this blog for my best buddy at the zoo, Lee Hanqun. He been at the zoo since last August (2007) which is roughly a week after I join the zoo. And after 10 months working in the zoo together with him, he is leaving the zoo for his national service.


I (and probably the whole) vet department found him to be a kind, honest and fun loving person. He also a hard working and competent colleague. Having such fine qualities a person, it only second nature that he become a good friend to all of us at the vet department.



Being a trustful individual at the department, I found out that many of my colleague share their feeling or frustation to him. I am of course not an exception in this case. Well, I found that is a blessing for me to have a good ear to share my troubles and joy with him. He is by all means a good listener and advisor in many issue. I certainly owes him many for his valuable advises!!!


Having only mention his good quality, I think it is fair for me to mention some of his not so good quality (depend how you take it la). Well, as a good friend I found a bit worrying for me to know him a rather prolific mah jong player. From what I know, his mah jong session can be rather frequent and long. I pray that he wont venture beyond some mah jong games especially with the intergrated resort coming about in Marina Bay!! Another shocking features about him is that he have one of the most strangest e-mail account; babylee02@hotmail.com . It been subject of debate among us. We all agree that this e-mail seem to be rather feminist for comfort! He claimed that this e-mail is named after his pet dog baby lee.






Well, speaking about baby lee, I forgot to mention that Hanqun is an avid lover of animal. He have 3 gerbills and a malezzia infested cockiel spaniel at home and two of his younger brother in the ward (the hybrid langurs). It very happy to find someone that really love his animal! Being an animal lover, I think it is natural for him to have an ambition as a vet.






Unfortunately, due to some constraint in life. His ambition as a vet isnt that easily come by. I really felt sorry for him that his life ambition isnt an achievable one in the next few years. I wish i could do something for him to obtain his ambition but I am very sad to say that I am useless to help him in this case. All I could do is just pray and give some encouragement for his life goal.






Bro,..dont give up on your dreams. There are many heart warming stories about indivuals that had achieve their life's dream to become a vet. God or any Vet School didnt state that a person should be below 30 to be a vet. For me, I person should be a vet because he really deep in his heart want to save an animal life. And you have it!! So bro I will be waiting for you to join in the vet team no matter how long it takes!!!



No comments: